ORANGE COUNTY BOARD OF COMMISSIONERS
TRANSFER STATION SITING WORK SESSION MEETING
BOCC Transfer Station Siting Work Session
May 20, 2008 – 5:30 p.m. – 7:15 p.m.
Southern Human Services Center
2501 Homestead Rd., Chapel Hill, NC
1. Call to Order/Introductions/Opening Comments – Chair Jacobs and BOCC
2. Receive and Discuss Preliminary Exclusionary Criteria (along with accompanying maps (figures) and Professional Recommendations from Olver, Inc. (See Agenda Abstract attached)
Laura Blackmon, County Manager, provides preface and introduces Bob Sallach and Ed Shuffler, Olver, Inc., to conduct presentation and facilitate BOCC discussion
3. Receive Public Comment on Preliminary Exclusionary Criteria and Professional Recommendations – Chair Jacobs and BOCC
4. Approve Manager’s Recommendation to Adopt Exclusionary Criteria, incorporating any additional changes to the Preliminary Draft as the BOCC may desire – Laura Blackmon, County Manager; Olver, Inc.
5. Receive Additional Public Comment regarding future phases of the Transfer Siting Process – Chair Jacobs and BOCC
6. Provide Additional Feedback or Instructions to County Management and/or Olver, Inc. for next Transfer Station Siting Work Session Meeting to be held on June 24, 2008 – Chair Jacobs and BOCC